We treat dogs as children. Their safety is our primary concern. From maintaining health care to ensuring freedom while they are practicing or playing, our concentration always remains on top. But it is not safe for dogs to play in the large unfenced garden. The reason is, they are always in danger of being hit by cars or other vehicles on the road. Therefore, we have landed an article on “Best Wireless Dog Fence for Large Dogs” taking into account their protection.
So, you need fences that will not only assure your loving pet’s safety but also give him freedom from the uneasy feeling of a real fence. And that is why many famous pet brands have invented the wireless fencing system. These wireless invisible fences keep your dogs safe under the specified area giving them more freedom to play, practice, and run.
Now, if you are getting confused about which wireless dog fence to choose, then this review is for you. With our in-depth research, we have enlisted some best invisible dog fences for large dogs.
Let’s take a look,
4 Best Wireless Dog Fences for Large Dogs
1. PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs
PetSafe is the name that needs no introduction when it comes to choosing the best wireless pet fence for Large dogs If you are worried about your loving dog’s stubbornness in going into your neighbor’s yard, then this invisible dog fence can ease up your worry.
No headache for fencing or wiring. Petsafe free-to-roam wireless fence includes a fully portable indoor transmitter giving you the facility to take it anywhere you like. Except for metal areas, you can set it in any direction in the house as metal disturbs the radiation.
Besides, the package includes a wireless adjustable waterproof collar providing a free lifestyle for your dog. With 5 adjustable static correction levels, it secures your stubborn dog’s movement within the wireless circular range of up to ¾ acres. With proper training, your dog adapts to the new lifestyle quite happily.
- Maximum coverage up to ¾ acre ( 5-105 feet)
- Waterproof rechargeable collar for 5 lbs+ with neck sized 6-28 inches
- Battery charging in 2-3 hours and lasting up to 3 weeks.
- low battery indicator facility
- 5 levels of static correction
- Setting up in 1-2 hours with no in-ground installation.
- keeping your dog under a secured zone
- Containing an unlimited number of dogs in one system by purchasing additional rechargeable collars
- the USA made
1. Minimizing size restriction is required
2. PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System
Petsafe Wireless Fence is one of the best invisible dog fences which controls your dog’s movement within a fixed circular range while they’re running or chasing. Pet parents who have homes near the roads or have large gardens always feel tense about their dog’s safety.
Moreover, these invisible fences not only secure your dog’s health but also relieve them from the enslaved life under enclosed fencing. They start playing freely and happily, making all the pet parents happy.
Now, the kit comes with a portable indoor transmitter with a power adapter, a waterproof adjustable collar, boundary flags, and a long-lasting battery life. It covers an area of up to ½ acre, giving your dog enough area to play freely and safely. As the device is small and portable, you can carry this anywhere, making your vacation more tension-free. And finally, with the 5 levels of static correction, the training of your dogs becomes more effective.
1. Kit comes with a waterproof and proper-sized collar giving your dog comfort while playing in the rain
2. Suitable for dogs weighing 8 pounds and and having neck sizing between 8-26 inches
3. Strong rechargeable battery power lasting up to 2 months
4. Covering circular area up to ½ acre
5. 5 levels of static correction
- The USA-made quality product
- Static correction for dog’s proper training within training flags
- Training many dogs on one system by purchasing additional collars
- More correction is needed in the interference issues for more reliability in products
3. Pet Control HQ Wireless Pet Containment System
Pet control HQ wireless pet containment system comes in a combination of wireless and wired fence systems. With the 492 feet of 20 gauge in-ground, above-ground, and underground facility, their loving dog can have much more space to run, chase, practice, or play.
Moreover, the adjustable and rechargeable collar fits a dog weighing between 11 and 154 pounds. It is suitable for dogs having neck sizes between 8-27 inches. The battery charges in 2-3 hours and lasts up to 3-7 days which is a huge plus point of the kit.
The durability of the battery allows dogs to enjoy more in the field. And with 3 levels of correction, the product assures your dog’s movement within the specified range. The shock collar is safe and painless.
- Maximum range up to 10 acres
- Waterproof rechargeable collar
- Suitable for dogs weighting 11-154 pounds and neck between 8-27 inches
- 3 levels of painless and safe auto-correction including beeping, vibration, and shocker
- 50 boundary flags
- Powerful battery charging in 2-3 hours and lasting up to 3-7 days
- Auto correction for dog’s safe movement
- Available for small, medium, and large dogs
- Manufactured in the USA
- The product’s Nylon collar starts to pull apart after some times
4. XFOX GPS Boundary Collars for Dogs
With the GPS satellite positioning facility, XFOX ensures a quality wireless fencing system for the dogs. The inclusion of GPS sends a much more accurate correction to the collar. The product removes your dog from the boredom of a wired fence. It allows him to play or practice freely within the radial range.
The product covers between a 20-800 meter radius giving enough space for your dog to roam independently. Though it has no transmitter, the setup process is super easy. At first, press on the button, adjust the radius and shock level by pressing up and down, press the p button for positioning, and your setup is complete when you see the 00 digits.
With 5 levels of painless shock training modes, the collar alerts your dog to remain in the specified range. It is completely waterproof and rechargeable. The battery lasts up to 15 hours at a stretch with full charging. And finally, it is budget-friendly.
Now, seeing these awesome facilities, we can conclude that XFOX can be a good go for the purchaser looking for the best wireless dog fence for large dogs.
- GPS facilities
- Covering a large range of 2625 FT radius and 496 acres
- 5 levels of painless shock training modes
- Waterproof and Rechargeable collar
- Easy installation
- Battery lasting up to 15 hours with full charging
- Containing multiple dogs on one system by purchasing additional transmitter collars or wireless collars
- Available for small, medium, and large dogs
- Safe and Quality product of the USA
- Worth your penny
- Battery capacity should have to be increased
Wireless Systems vs Wired Systems
Wireless dog fences are undoubtedly getting people’s attention. People are choosing wireless fences over wired fences because of their many advantages. Here, we are giving you some best possible reasons for why you will avoid wired fences and choose wireless fences.
Buying in-ground or above-ground electric dog fences takes a lot of hard work and time to set. The bigger the boundary, the bigger the effort. You need approximately 1-2 days for the setup.
But, in wireless electric dog fences, the installation time becomes much less as it has no wire and extra tools. You just need a transmitter, a collar, boundary flags, and some little things for installation. Within 2 hours, your full installation gets completed.
As you need a lot of wires and other tools for the proper setup of wired dog fences, your overall installation cost becomes pretty high.
But, when it comes to wireless systems, your purchasing cost becomes much less as you don’t have to buy wires for the setup.
Easy to carry
Wireless dog fences are portable. You can take it anywhere with you. Whether you are going on a vacation or switching houses, you can carry these wireless fences with ease. This is one of the striking features of wireless dog fences.
There is always a danger of dogs getting hit by cars or other vehicles while running toward the road. Pet parents living by the roadside always remain in fear of this. But with the wireless fencing facility, your dog remains safe within the radial range of the system. Before crossing the boundary flags or radius range, the collar alerts the dog with tone or vibration or painless shock and keeps him in the specified zone.
Some Tips When Operating Wireless Dog Fence
- You have to train your dog by yourself. Putting a collar on the dog and letting him adjust to the wireless barrier by himself will give no result at all. You have to roam your dog around the boundary flags, but when the alert starts from the collar, you have to pull him back. You can use lashes while training. Now, Your dog can become panicked or shocked by the alert. So, don’t forget to give treats to your dog after every task.
- To adjust properly with the collar, put the collar on your dog 3-7 days before activating the system. It will bring great results in the training sessions.
- To avoid skin irritation, remove the correction collar after 12 consecutive hours of wearing.
- Clean the contact points on the collar weekly for better static correction.
Buying Guide for Best Wireless Dog Fence for Large Dogs
The best wireless dog fence for large dogs is crafted in the USA. There is no doubt about that. They know your demands well. That is why to train your dog on a safe wireless fence, buying the USA-made kit will be beneficial.
Collar, Battery, and Correction Alert
Before going to purchase, you must take into account the following things:
- Check the features of the collar, battery, and correction alert.
- Inspect whether the collar is waterproof or not, as your dog will roam in the rain or on water.
- Check the LBS and Neck size of the collar according to your dog’s size.
- Look carefully at the capacity and quality of the battery.
- Most importantly, choose a collar that has painless and safe static.
Multiple Wireless Containment on One System
See, whether the kit provides the facility of keeping several dogs on one system or not, you have to buy additional collars though.
Wireless dog fences are obviously a wise choice for smart pet parents. But in some cases, it is not wise to choose a wireless fencing system. These cases are:
- If you have metal objects within 5-10` of the transmitter, then the signals going from transmitter to collar may find interference issues.
- Metal attached to walls or roofs may disturb the signal.
- Sounds of vehicles within the perimeter can hamper signals.
- And finally, metal things placed between the transmitter and the specified radius range can interfere with the signals badly.
Setup Guidelines for Wireless Dog Fence
1. Find the central part of your house to place the main unit or signal transmitter. Place it at least 2 feet off the floor. While switching it on, turn it to the highest setting at first. Make sure your electric outlet has a volt of 120.
2. Then, put batteries inside the collar. Adjust the collar properly to give dogs no discomfort and attain great results.
3. Place the boundary flags within the range and start training your dog while being there all the time.
Important FAQs About Best Wireless Dog Fence for Big Dogs Review
1. Are wireless dog fences safe?
Ans: If the static correction of the product doesn’t hurt dogs while crossing the wireless boundary line, we can call it safe. Usually, products manufactured in the USA are safe to use.
2. Is the pet safe collar waterproof?
Ans: Yes. Maintaining proper quality, Petsafe gives you a rechargeable and waterproof collar. It allows your loving dog to roam around freely, even in the rain or on water.
3. Which invisible dog fence is best?
Ans: Almost all of the wireless dog fences of the USA assure full commitment towards quality.
Among them, here are some top-notch brands:
PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence for Stubborn Dogs, PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Pet Control HQ Wireless Pet Containment System, XFOX GPS Boundary Collars for Dogs.
4. How do invisible fences work?
Ans: The working process is super easy. A transmitter placed in the center of the house signals to the dog’s collar when he is about to cross the boundary line. While crossing, a static correction alerts the dog and keeps him under the specified range.
It is important to know that, without proper training for your dog, the result of the wireless electric fence will be negative.
5. Is a wireless dog fence expensive?
Ans: Compared to the pricing of a wired dog fence, the cost of a wireless dog fence is much cheaper as it doesn’t contain extra costs of the wires.
Dogs are one of the most loyal and loving pets in the world. They care for us till their last breath. Besides that, they dedicate their full life to our happiness. And that is why ensuring our family member’s safety has to be our main concern.
Hence, it is our responsibility to provide accurate information about the best wireless dog fence. With all our all-out research and analysis, we can assure you that this “Best Wireless Dog Fence for Large Dogs” review will help you choose the right products for your loving dogs.
Best Shampoo for Goldendoodle Puppy
Best Dog Brush for Shedding German Shepherd
Heritage Ranch Dog Food Review
Leave a Reply