Just like humans, our dog suffers from hearing loss with the passing age. They become deaf mainly because of congenital deafness or birth defects, chronic ear infections, or other injuries like head trauma, noise trauma, tumors, and drug toxicity. That’s why we come with a write-up on the best dog whistle for deaf dogs for helping you choose the best whistles.
However, with the outstanding improvement in technology, we now have a solution for this critical problem. By using high-frequency whistles silent to the human ear, we can control our silent dogs. Now there are lots of dog silencer whistles in the market.
However, researching yourself for choosing the best whistles for your loving friend can be stressful and time-consuming. Hence, our today’s review is designed to help you choose the best silent dog whistle available in the market.
Here are some top-notch whistles for your help:
The Top 5 Dog Whistles for Deaf Dogs
1. 2 Pack Professional Silent Dog Whistle
If your silent dog barks excessively and you are facing difficulties controlling him, then this high-frequency dog whistle can ease your stress. The product is lightly weighted, ensuring your comfort while carrying it.
Besides, It has a transmission of up to 25 meters which gives your silent dog more space for safety. Despite being a high-frequency product, it is harmless to the human ear. By setting the right ultrasonic frequency, you can train your dog with various commands like lying down, sitting down, standing up, shaking hands and paws, and so on.
For many training experts, this is the best dog whistle to stop barking. Moreover, it can be used on all types of silent pet dogs and come at reasonable pricing.
Hence, the product is a good go for pet parents to purchase.
- Light-weighted product
- Transmission up to 25 meters
- Multiple ultrasonic adjustable frequencies for multiple commands like sit down, stand up, shake hands, lie down, paw, and so on
- Perfect anti-barking device
- Prepared with a black lanyard, shell, and special lock nut for the product’s long life span
- Useful high-frequency tool for dog’s proper training
- Easy to carry anywhere for its lightweight
- Providing enough space for your silent dog to roam for its far transmission
- For all types of dogs
- Not noisy to the human ear
- Best suited for dogs aged between 3 to 7 months
- Affordable pricing
- Not safe for dogs under 3 months old
2. Acme Dog Whistle 210.5
Acme Dog Whistle 210.5 is one of the best silent dog whistles for deaf dogs in the world. Keeping longevity in mind, the manufacturer makes this product from high-quality symonite plastic. That is why it has a shatterproof and bite-resistant frame perfect for training.
Despite having a frequency of 5900Hz, it will not harm your ear. Moreover, the ultra-high pitch dog whistle sound will enable you to train your silent dog from long and short distances. The product is easy to carry and has less possibility of losing as it is attached by a split ring perfect for your hand.
And, with budget-friendly pricing, this can be the best dog whistle for deaf dogs.
- A 5900Hz single frequency product
- Compact size
- Light weighted
- Made from symonite plastic
- Shatterproof and bite-resistant frame
- High-quality sound
- A split ring attached to the product
- Perfect whistle for a dog’s hearing impairment
- Adjustable pitch sound
- Harmless to the human ear
- Long-lasting product for its quality plastic body
- Perfect for adult dogs
- Comfort in carrying for its compact size
- Providing more space for your dogs to play and practice
- Not an anti-barking device
3. FANZ Ultrasonic Dog Whistle
Pet owners always look for tools that will train their dogs with proper basic skills. Especially when your dog is silent, it is crucial to make them obedient and skilled. Hence they search for whistles that will have ultrasonic sound and multiple frequencies.
Now, FANZ Ultrasonic Dog Whistle is one of the loudest dog whistles, filling all these criteria. The product has a transmission of up to 25 meters providing sufficient space for your silent dog to train and roam. By adjusting frequencies, you can train your dog with different commands like lay down, sit down, shake hands, fetch, play dead, and so on.
To protect products from dirt and damage, the manufacturer makes the body stainless steel coated with a protective lid. Moreover, the ultrasonic sound of the product is harmless to the human ear. Finally, it is super light and easy to carry.
Indeed, a wise choice for parents to purchase who are looking for the best silent dog whistle.
- Coverage up to 25 meters
- Small size
- Made with stainless steel coated with protective lid
- Various frequencies for different commands like lay down, sit down, shake hands, fetch, play dead, and so on
- High ultrasonic sound is silent to the human ear
- Providing large space for your silent dog to train, play and practice safely
- Bringing comfort for the pet parents to carry it anywhere for its lightweight
- Perfect for deaf dogs for its ultrasonic sound
- Worth your penny
- Durability needs to be improved
4. Acme Silent Dog Whistle Silver
Whenever we think about quality whistles for our lovely dog’s training, the brand Acme always comes at the top. Especially, the Model 535 has already attracted many pet parents for its long-range transmission capacity. The product covers an area of up to 400 yards which allows you to control your hearing-impaired dogs from a long distance.
With its high-pitched sound, you can command your silent dog properly. It is small in size and easy to carry. Moreover, this whistle lasts long because of its solid construction.
So, keeping coverage, sound, and longevity in mind, this product can be a good go for pet parents.
- Transmission up to 400 yards
- Having a wide ultrasonic range of frequencies
- Solid construction made from brass and nickel plating
- High-quality sound
- Training your dog from a very long distance
- Easy to carry for its small size and lightweight
- Long-lasting product
- For all breeds
- Audible to your silent dog for its high-pitched sound
- Not noisy to the human ear
- The price can be a little less
5. JESOT Dog Training Whistle
The Jesuit dog training whistle is a perfect training kit for your silent dog for its durability, sizing, and range. The product is made of quality metal and plastic. The compact sizing of it enables you to carry it easily anywhere.
Having frequencies between 5.4KHz and 12.8KHz, allows you to control your dog from a long distance. The ultrasonic sound of the whistle helps you to teach your silent dog different commands like stop barking, sit down, stay, and so on.
Moreover, these high-pitched sounds don’t hurt the human ear at all. The product comes with a lanyard and wrist strap, which minimize the stress of losing it. And finally, it is an affordable product.
So, having all these quality facilities, many pet parents consider the product as the best dog whistle for deaf dogs.
- Creating a range of frequencies between 5.4KHz and 12.8KHz
- Small size and lightweight
- Quality metal and plastic-made material
- High-pitched sound
- Operating a lot of commands like crossing obstacles, shaking hands, stopping biting, lying down, sitting down, and others by adjusting frequencies.
- Providing short and long-distance control
- Long-lasting product
- Harmless to the human ear
- Less worry of losing because of having a lanyard and wrist strap
- Perfect for silent dogs training for its high-quality sound
- Value for money
- Positive results will not come quickly but gradually
Tips to Consider When Living With A Deaf Dog
- As deaf dogs cannot hear the sounds of vehicles on the road, it is rather safe to keep them in a fenced area.
- Using hand signals or visual signals besides whistles is also an effective way of controlling your silent dog.
- Create a signal for your silent dog’s name for a better response.
- You can place a bell on your dogs’ collars to ensure their presence.
- For better security, put a tag on the collar to make people aware of their deafness.
- While sleeping, don’t wake them up suddenly. They can get startled and bite. You can wake them up by touching them away from their face.
- Use flashlights to seek their attention.
- Give a high-value treat to your loving dog after every effort in training.
Type of whistle for your dog
With the combination of a pealess whistle and a whistle with a pea, these whistles produce two separate tones providing you with extra whistle commands.
Whistle with a pea
Because of the presence of a ball or pea, these whistles can create trills and other complex sounds also. On the contrary, these whistles often become useless in very cold temperatures.
These whistles are useful in very cold weather. Though you can’t make trills, obviously can create short sounds.
These are called classic dog whistles. They produce ultrasonic sounds suitable to dogs and inaudible to human ears. Certainly, one of the best loud whistles to train your dog.
Operating Guidelines for A Dog Whistle in a Nutshell
- Remove the sleeve of the product
- Adjust the frequencies of the whistle by tuning the screw rod
- Rotate the nut clockwise
- Lock the nut firmly
- Finally, put the sleeve and the whistle is ready to perform
Buying Guide for Silent Dog Whistle for the Deaf Dogs
Easy to clean
Whistles basically get dirty because of frequent use. So, choose whistles that will be easy to clean.
To craft training whistles, manufacturers use metal or plastic as materials. So, when buying these, make sure you are choosing quality plastic or metal whistle for better durability.
Retraining your silent dog is stressful and time-consuming. So, it is important to buy a product that will be easily available in the market. Don’t choose products by their looks only. Purchase keeping the availability in mind.
Choosing Exact Types
While choosing the best dog whistle for deaf dogs, you can become confused. The reason is there are lots of types available in the market. So, keeping your dog’s behavior and surroundings in mind, choose the product which will suit your dog best.
FAQs About the Best Dog Whistle for Deaf Dogs
What does a dog whistle do?
Ans: Dog whistles are basically created for dog training. It emits ultrasonic sounds which control different commands like lay down, sit down, shake hands, fetch, play dead, and so on.
How far are dog whistles effective?
Ans: Depending on the types of whistles, dogs can hear the frequencies up to 400 yards.
Do deaf dogs bark?
Ans: Usually, deaf dogs don’t bark. But when they see other animals or get alarmed by anything, they start barking.
Do dog whistles really work?
Ans: Yes. With proper training and the right ultrasonic frequencies, dog whistles work properly on dogs.
Can humans hear dog whistles?
Ans: Humans can’t hear the loud ultrasonic sounds of dog whistles as the sounds of the whistles are above human hearing range.
What causes a dog to go deaf?
Ans: The reasons which cause a dog to go deaf are congenital birth defects, chronic ear infections, or other injuries like head trauma, noise trauma, tumors, and drug toxicity.
Is it illegal to use a dog whistle in the USA?
Ans: As there is no law that says about stopping dog whistle use, we can say that it is legal.
Which dog breeds are prone to deafness?
Ans: Well, breeds like German shepherd, Australian shepherd, Jack Russell terrier, toy and miniature poodle, Dalmatian, Boston terrier, West Highland white terrier, cocker spaniel, and many others are prone to deafness. There are above 30 breeds that are susceptible to deafness.
Loss of hearing to our dogs makes us sad. We feel pain when we see them in this situation. But, like other dogs, they also have the longing to play with full freedom and energy, and it is our duty to provide them with a balanced, happy lifestyle.
In this case, choosing a perfect whistle for your deaf dog becomes an important issue. Hopefully, our review on the best dog whistle for deaf dogs will help you purchase the right one. Thanks a lot for your valuable time and efforts. Have a nice day!
Leave a Reply